Vegetable Antipasto by Chef Cherie Soria
1/2 cup orange juice
1-1/2 T. lemon juice
2 T. olive oil
2 T. flax oil
1/2 t. italian seasoning
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. puréed garlic
1/8 t. powdered mustard
1/4 lb. green beans, sliced lengthwise
1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced (about 4 large)
1/2 cup small cauliflower florets
1/2 cup small broccoli florets
1 zucchini, cut crosswise into pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
1/4 leek, thinly sliced
1. For the marinade: Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, oils, italian seasoning, salt, garlic, and powdered mustard in a small bowl and stir well.
2. For the vegetables: Toss the vegetables with the marinade.
3. Put the vegetable mixture and the marinade into glass jars, and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Alternatively, put the jars in a dehydrator and warm for 4 hours at 115 degrees, which helps the vegetables to soften more quickly and to absorb the flavors of the marinade.
4. Drain excess marinade and serve chilled, at room temperature, or warm.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Connect With Us